On June 14th, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Robert Lindsey will lead a workshop sponsored by the Southeast Kansas Library System
. This professional development workshop is designed to inform SEK library employees in how much information is available to them through databases accessed with a Kansas State Library Card. The four databases that will be covered are:
- InfoTrac with nearly 6,000 magazines and journals in full-text plus business, medical, newspapers and more.
- Literature Resource Center for information on authors and writings.
- HeritageQuest for genealogy, has the US Census and 20,000 books on local and family histories.
- NetLibrary has over 12,000 books online to be read on the computer. A great resource for a small library.
For each database, you will find out:
- What the database covers.
- How to access the database, using your "Kansas Library Card".
- How to navigate and search the database.
- How to print out or e-mail your search results.
Southeast Kansas librarians may register at the SEKLS web site
Labels: Library Instruction, Southeast Kansas Library System, workshops